Announcing Confessio: A diary of hymns and songs that underscore the Gettys’ Irish American journey. This collection is a ‘confessio’ in word and note of the musical and spiritual roots that continue to call us to the ancient paths.
We know well how a trees’ roots go down vertically beneath the soil but don’t often realize how they also reach out horizontally, sometimes several times wider than the branch width of the tree. When Psalm 1 compares the godly life to a tree planted by streams of water it is a water stream reached for by millions of people over centuries and around the world who have joined their roots together.
“For you shall go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and the hills before you shall break forth into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.” (Isaiah 55:12)
This idea of intertwining roots also paints a beautiful picture of how our musical roots link. They help strengthen old shelters and blossom new trees. Over the last 20 years of writing and recording music we have leaned on this - the heritage of our Irish and Scottish roots and how they grew across to the new world where we now make our home.
This album shares the words and melodies of that journey.
2. This Is My Father’s World
3. When I Survey the Wondrous Cross
4. Pass the Promise
5. Amazing Grace (Feat. Dana Masters, Kirk Whalum)
6. Come Thou Almighty King (Feat. The Getty Girls)
7. And Are You Sleeping?
8. Medley: Waulking Song / All My Heart Rejoices (Song of Anna) (Feat. Sandra McCracken)
9. It Is Well
10. How Can I Keep from Singing?
11. Be Thou My Vision
12. Farewell to Ballymoney (Instrumental)
13. In Christ Alone (Feat. Alison Krauss)
UPC # 685674598345