Meet St. Edith Stein!
St. Edith Stein (August 9th)
Patron of: Europe, Jewish converts, martyrs, and the loss of parents.
"The world doesn't need what women have, it needs what women are."
–St. Edith Stein
St. Edith Stein, who is also known as St. Teresa Benedicta of the Cross, lived during the twentieth century in Europe. Edith was a brilliant Jewish woman who loved learning, and spent her life in pursuit of the truth. As an adult she decided to become Catholic and joined the Carmelite Order. She worked for many years teaching, and was known both for her intellect and her humility. Her life was tragically cut short when she was sent to the Auschwitz concentration camp where she was murdered by the Nazis during the Holocaust.
St. Edith Stein is a great Saint to teach children about the intellectual pursuit of the truth. Introduce the story of St. Edith Stein using the educational insert in the box. Children will learn about how God has given us our intellects as a gift that we can use to search for Him and the truth. Faith and reason must go hand-in-hand! St. Edith Stein is also a great role model for all children to learn that God calls us to the work He chooses for us- whether that is inside the home, at work, or in the religious life. Great for opening discussions about women’s role in the Church and the community, the evil sins of anti-Semitism, racism and sexism, and the importance of always seeking the truth.
- Brings the Saints to life in your child’s heart and imagination through developmentally healthy open-ended play
- Grows with your child; safe for babies and toddlers, and continues to engage preschool and school age children with imaginative play centered around the “characters” of their Faith.
- Exceeds safety requirements for children of all ages- including those under 3
- Every doll comes in a beautiful collectible quality box, complete with educational insert full of fun facts!
- Slightly over 3.5” tall
- Nothing to break or lose! Durable, lightweight, single piece construction.
- Plant the seeds of a lifelong faith with everyone's favorite Catholic saint toys!