As the world’s most popular annual Bible commentary for more than two decades, Standard Lesson Commentary (SLC) provides 52 weeks of study in a single volume and combines thorough Bible study with relevant examples and questions.
Key features include:
- Verse-by-verse explanation of the Bible text
- Detailed lesson context
- Pronunciation guide for difficult words
- Printed Scripture
- Discussion starters
- A review quiz for each quarter
The Deluxe Edition also provides online and download access for the Standard Lesson eCommentary through FaithLife’s Logos Bible Software. This includes the full text of the Standard Lesson Commentary (both KJV and NIV® editions) as well as:
- PowerPoint® presentations
- Full text of the KJV Bible
- Full-color visual resources
- Student activity reproducible pages
- Quarterly quiz
- More than a dozen additional helps resources
Available in the King James Version (KJV) and New International Version® (NIV) Bible translations, the SLC is based on the popular Uniform Series. This series, developed by scholars from numerous church fellowships, outlines an in-depth study of the Bible over a six-year period.
The four main themes of the 2022–2023 study are:
- God’s Exceptional Choice—Genesis, Exodus, Deuteronomy, Judges, 1 Samuel, Ephesians
- From Darkness to Light—2 Chronicles, Isaiah, Joel, Luke, 1 Corinthians, 2 Timothy, James, 1 Peter
- Jesus Calls Us—Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts
- The Righteous Reign of God—Isaiah, Ezekiel, Zephaniah, Zechariah, Matthew, Romans, Galatians, 1 Corinthians
The SLC is perfect as the primary resource for an adult Sunday School class, for personal study, or as a supplemental resource for any curriculum that follows the ISSL/Uniform Series. Nearly two dozen ministers, teachers, and Christian education specialists contribute their expertise to SLC.